10 signs that you are in love with Thailand Scuba Diving
Are you in love with scuba diving in Thailand? We know that we are for sure!! Here are 10 signs that you are officially smitten by scuba in the Land of Smiles!
- Your heart skips a beat at the mention of a scuba diving vacation but then sinks the moment a destination other than Thailand is mentioned.
- Over half of your wardrobe consists of diving t-shirts from Thailand.
- Your bedtime reading alternates between diving in Thailand guidebooks, marine life of South East Asia identification books and a Thai language learning book.
- As soon as you mention scuba diving in Thailand your friends roll their eyes up to heaven.
- Your extensive knowledge of marine life is strangely limited to marine species found around Thailand.
- The Thai Government announcing their latest Sand Box Schemes was literally the best news you had heard in the last year and a half.
- Every dive certification card you possess was obtained in Thailand.
- There’s no way that you would consider accepting a marriage proposal until it’s 100% clear that the honeymoon will be a Thai scuba diving trip or liveaboard.
- As far as you are concerned, dry suits and lakes are just not scuba diving.
- Your passport only contains Thai visas, why wouldn’t it??
If you’re not sure if you are in love with Thai scuba diving, or you haven’t visited yet, make it your next trip!
For the balance here are some Facts about diving in Thailand:
With more than 349 named dive sites, great visibility, perfect warm water all year round, beautiful reefs full of corals and some of the best marine life in the world, Thailand is THE perfect dive destination.
- More reef diving that you can imagine: Thailand as an astonishing 153 km2 of coral reef.
- Great spots to see Whale Sharks & Manta Rays.
- 2125 different species of fish.
- 24 different Liveaboards in Thailand that are possible to embark on.
- Koh Tao is the place that issues 2. most dive certificates in the world.
- Similan Islands has often been ranked as one of the top diving sites in the world.
- The best time to dive in the Andaman Sea is from November to April.
- And the Gulf of Thailand from May to September.
- Thailand can be dived all year round.
Did you know that Thailand is now open to international tourists via the Phuket Sand Box Scheme? If you want to start travelling again and are looking for amazing scuba diving combined with topside stunning natural beauty then Phuket must be on your bucket list!